Re: [MacPerl] We need more evangelism...

On Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 07:36:09PM -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:
> At 17.57 -0400 1998.07.18, Vicki Brown wrote:
> >it would never have occurred to me that Perl would have a reasonable chance
> >of building out of the box for an Amiga.  Or DOS.  Or Windows, or VMS. None
> >of which are Unix.
>
> Perl has built out of the box on VMS for a long time, on Windows since
> perl5.004_04.  I don't know much about Amiga.

It is interesting to check the Amiga area of the Ports directory - it
is empty. :-)  Am asking a friend of mine who uses an amiga if this is
because it's out of date, or because it works out of the box... I'm
not expecting the latter answer. :-)

--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"A Marine that says 'gee whiz'?  What's he gonna do, storm the