[MacPerl] We need more evangelism...

Did anyone notice that the Macintosh is conspicously absent from the list
of mentioned platforms in the Perl 5.005 beta announcement?

sigh...

> From: gsar@engin.umich.edu (Gurusamy Sarathy)
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.announce,comp.lang.perl.modules
> Subject: [CFP] On to Perl 5.005: Beta testing begins
> Date: 17 Jul 1998 13:53:21 GMT
>
> The release of Perl 5.005 is imminent, and we are in the process of testing
> beta versions.  Version 5.005 will be a major release that incorporates all
> maintenance and development changes since the last major release, 5.004.
> Perl builds and runs on a bewildering number of platforms.  Virtually all
> known and current Unix derivatives are supported, as are VMS, DOS, OS/2,
> Windows, QNX, BeOS, and the Amiga.  There are also the beginnings
> of support for MPE/iX.  If you find that your platform is unsupported,
> do let us know.

Vicki Brown, vlb@cfcl.com               |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror             ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres                    |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb             '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
P.O. Box 1269 San Bruno, CA  94066