Re: [MacPerl] Mac to Unix & back?

At 11:34 AM -0700 9/11/1998, Dennis Little wrote:
><Big & Bold>Server Error</Big & Bold>
>
>I REALLY doubt this has anything to do with Perl specificly -- "Server" to
>me implies the error is a Unix error.  OTOH, there are other CGI scripts on
>the machine which run just fine and we've made the #! line the same.

I assume that you've made certain that the owner and group of the
file matches the other executables in your cgi-bin and that you've
verified UNIX line endings.

To address Perlish issues, have you tested the script from the command
line to be certain that it compiles in the new environment?  Are you
running with taint checks on?  (Or was the taint flag set when the
Sys Admin compiled your Perl?)

As the error message suggests, I'd check the Server's logs.  They'll
probably go a long way to helping you solve the problem.  As Chris
mentioned, if there is a perl error, you'll be more likely to find
part of it reported there.

>My boss is trying to contact the SysAdmin for this particular box to find
>out what might be going on.

Also an excellent idea.

-Charles
--