Re: [MacPerl] Mac to Unix & back?

In a message dated 9/11/98 4:04:19 PM, joshg@ola.bc.ca writes:

>Try running it from the command line on the UNIX server. It'll tell you
>more about what the error actually is. Half the time when I've switched
>from mac to UNIX I've forgotten to include the #!/usr/bin/perl at the
>start.

I ran into the exact same error message this week and Josh's hunch was the
correct one. I did not forget the #!/usr/bin/perl line, but I somehow managed
to insert a character between the hash and the bang.  The error logs were NOT
helpful. Trying to run the script from the command line was. That gave the
message "unknown command", meaning it could not find the perl executable.

Check the first line of your script and add the path to the perl executable if
it is not there.

Andrew Robinson