Re: [MacPerl] 32k limit with CGI and WebSTAR 3.0

John W Baxter wrote:

> There has never been a 32K limit to the data in an Apple event...very early
> on, there was a 64K limit (counting overhead, so the limit was a bit under
> 64K).

Actually, there was a 32k limit in using AppleScript to handle Apple
Events which is (with MacPerl) basically the same thing since the
MacPerl CGI scripts actually have a small AppleScript program attached
to the front of them.  I ran into it multiple times when attempting to
develop CGI scripts at home using QPQ.  Using the sample C program
written by Chris (and I forget his last name) though, this limitation
did not exist.  This is because the C program directly worked with the
Apple Events.  I believe that the 32k limit in AppleScript has also been
addressed by Apple Computer and is no longer around.  :-)