Re: [MacPerl] Nobody can help? http uploads

On 9/21/98 at 12:46 PM, llosa@rocketmail.com (Frank LLosa-) wrote:

> Just trying to make an http upload that is easy and user friendly and
> deal with the form issue on our end instead of teaching them how to do
> it.

You didn't get many responses because your request didn't make a great
deal of sense.  You're asking for help using perl to let your users
encode their files without downloading anything, but perl is a
server-side tool.  By the time perl-on-the-server sees the files, the
damage is done.

Your users won't be able to use a perl tool without downloading either
perl, the tool, or more likely both.  This will probably be a far more
support-intensive, error-prone operation than instructing them on how to
download and operate Stuffit Lite or Dropstuff.

If you need to preserve resource fork data in transit (which is an open
question), you need to encode your files, period.  This is not a
difficult task for most people, given clear directions.

This is a documentation issue, not a perl problem.

  -nat

--
Nat Irons
WWDR &c, Apple Computer