Re: [MacPerl] Installing modules.

Nathaniel Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu) wrote:

>Has anyone ever run across an image file actually marked .pm for pixmap?
>Where are they used, and on what platforms?

Pixmap was a bitmap format / manipulation library on Sun workstations
in its SunOS timeframe (i.e., pretty historical).  There also appears to
be
a pixmap in the X11 universe, though I believe it is an internal format,
rather than something that would be popularly driven into files (isn't
that xbm format?)

I don't believe I've ever seen a pixmap file (of either kind) on the Mac.