Re: [MacPerl] Installing modules.

Chris asked:

>Has anyone ever run across an image file actually marked .pm for
> pixmap? Where are they used, and on what platforms?

I've seen .pm (pixmap) files on SUN workstations. I believe this
is a rather old format that has been supplanted by .xpm (the X
windows derivative), though I think this is even somewhat obsoleted
by .xbm (X bitmap). I'd be surprised if the old pixmap format found
it's way onto Macs more frequently than perl modules...

Even if a pixmap file did find it's way onto a Mac, I'm not
sure there's anything that one could do with it. I know IC is
mapping .pm to GraphicConverter, but I think GraphicConverter
only operates on .xpm files (unless it's an undocumented feature).
I tried to dig up an old .pm file from one of our SUN workstations
to test this theory and could no longer find one...

jay