[MacPerl Announcement] The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

Another update about your moderator's life; lots of issues that I touched on
the last time around are now much closer to resolution:

 - Tomorrow, Helene and I are going to be married in church and until October 2
   will spend our honeymoon in the lovely, remote, and unwired village of Juf.
 - My long-awaited PhD thesis will come to a (hopefully good) conclusion with
   my thesis defense on October 22.
 - My US job interviews were successful: Today, I formally accepted a job
   offered to me by the Apple Speech group and I will most likely (if the visa
   arrives in time) start work there on November 16. I'm excited both about the
   engineering and scientific possibilities of this job and about the working
   environment at Apple.

I'll conclude with my usual hopes before trips: Behave on the mailing lists and
have fun otherwise while I'm away!

Matthias

  "People do not consume chocolate to simulate the chemical effects of
   falling in love; they fall in love to simulate the chemical effects
   of chocolate consumption."     -- Bill Welch <bill@moonmoth.demon.co.uk>