Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

And John Baxter said in response:
>I would guess it's because the Required suite is incorporated into the
>'aete' by reference (ie, just by naming the suite).  That causes a lookup
>in the 'aeut' for the current dialect, and AppleScript uses *that*
>definition of the Required suite.  And I would guess that the tool doesn't
>go find those.

That's exactly the case. The original purpose for aeteconverter was to make
it easier to recover or modify existing aete resources. For that use,
pulling in the Required suit is not necessarily a good idea. Fortunately,
that little script has found a much wider audience. Unfortunately, I never
made it general enough to adequately fit both purposes. I keep threatening
to start working on it again...I have some free time this evening and an
itch to work on something fun, so I'll get Chris' modifications and see
what I can do.

later,

---Dave---