Re: [MacPerl] Interesting problem

At 21.13 +0100 98-10-27, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>Now, first off, I went back and forth between Linux and MacPerl on this
>because it allowed me to trace the problem on two systems.  So this
>isn't just a MacPerl problem.  But what I'm wondering about is why did
>debug say the problem was at the top of the program when there really
>wasn't a problem at all with the code?  The problem was that I had a
>different variable name used throughout the program and so the program
>returned nothing.

Two ideas:

Are you sure that all _require_d files were present on both systems
(Linux/Mac)?

MacPerl can be picky about line endings. For instance, if I give MacPerl
the program

#!perl
print "Hello, world";

where the line ending is an LF (Unix line ending) and not a CR (Mac OS line
ending), it wont print anything. Are you sure you converted the line
endings when you moved files back and forth?

___Carl_Johan_Berglund_________________________
   Adverb Information
   carl.johan.berglund@adverb.se
   http://www.adverb.se/