Re: [MacPerl] Code comparison (I know someone knows)

>} Just wondering who on this list was working on a page of comparisons
>} between Perl and AppleScript for those who know AppleScript and want to
>} learn Perl.

>It's really rather pointless, since Perl is far more powerful than
>Applescript and Applescript is so unlike other common languages.  There's
>little of what you know from Applescript that's applicable to Perl (or Tcl,
>Python, C, Fortran, Usertalk, etc.).

I wouldn't say 'pointless', there's been times I've been able to do
something in Perl, and really wanted to know the code to do it in
AppleScript (or vise-versa) something simple like move a folder to
the trash...

code comparisions do have their uses...

(AppleScript is definitely the *odd bird* though...)

Pete