Re: [MacPerl] Does Style Count? (formally, 'file tests')

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 10:36:08AM -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:
>  $READ = -r $_ ? "YES" : "NO";
>
> If you don't know the ?: operator, sure, it is confusing.  If you do, this
> is very clear.  Test the readability of -r.

Um, actually, you're testing the readability of $_.  Not to mention
the fact that you could leave out the $_ altogether.

Oops.  Sorry - I've been checking the cookbook for extra errata and
must have gotten carried away.  :-)

--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"Que?" - Manuel