Re: [MacPerl] beginner perl questions pls

I haven't noticed that questions on comp.lang.perl.misc don't get
answered. They do, they get answered rapidly and thoroughly.

It doesn't hurt to specify that you're using MacPerl when you're posting
to c.l.p.misc. Thee are plenty of people on this M.L. who scan that NG,
and if they see that the poster is using MacPerl then they may direct you
to ask the question here, if it looks like a MacPerl question more than a
Perl question.

Sometimes it's both, and I guess if you're unclear as to which, it doesn't
ruin my day if you post something here with good intentions. But as others
said, this M.L. is just not the place. As far as I'm concerned, Perl has
the best docs I've ever seen, and unless you're operating on the cutting
edge of using perlcc or asking about little nuances with XSUBs, believe
me, it's in the docs.