freeware scripts (was Re: [MacPerl] learning UNIX concepts)

w e b s l a v e wrote:

> Maybe someone will come along who is as visible as these two, but writes
> great code, but until then... what to do?

Let me think...

Chris Nandor, Paul J. Schinder, Randal Schwartz, Tom Christiansen,
Joseph Hall, Jeffrey Friedl ....

All of these people are fairly visible, write pretty decent stuff and
make it freely available. I've used all their sites to help in learning
Perl/MacPerl. And don't forget all the O'Reilly books full of code!

Mucho apologies to all I left off, but these just popped into mind right
away. I know there are many more amongst my hundreds of bookmarks.

I freely admit I am still trying to break habits learned when I used MSA
as my "tutor" when I first started learning perl. (Notice I said
"started", no one is "finished.")
David Turley
dturley@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~dturley

"If a president of the United States ever lied to the
 American people, he should resign."

--Bill Clinton, 1974