Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl sings a 'Camptown Races' in its native language, almost

At 12:59 PM -0700 11/22/98, Charles Albrecht wrote:
>Now, of course, the song, "The ghost of Brian Foster," from the
>new Squirrel Nut Zippers CD, makes sense with its line,
>"Camptown ladies *never* sang all the doo dah day. Oh, no no."

There were two other more current references to "Camptown Ladies"

Alan Sherman (Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda, Here I am at Camp Grenana...) wrote
an ethnic Jewish version that went:

Catskill ladies sing this song, Hoo Haa, Hoo, Haa;

  Sittin' on the front porch playin' Mah-Jong; Oh, Hoo Haa hey.

Then there was a tourist in Manhattan, who asked a stranger:

  "Cross-town busses run all night?"

The local replied:

  "Doo Daa, Doo, Daa".

That's all there is (promise)