Re: [MacPerl] Comments on some good points re beginner questions

Arved wrote:

> The F doesn't mean "fiddling" or "freaking" or anything else
> other than a good old Anglo-Saxon word, just like in the acronym
> SNAFU, and ...

What are you suggesting???
RTFM has always meant "Read The Fascinating Manual".

And for the record, according to a book I have on the origins
of words (I'm a word freak), the term SNAFU first originated
during the First World War. It came out of the U.S. military
(a proper God-fearing military, I might add) and the F-word
was originally "Fouled".

Just to bring us back on topic, a bit: I tried playing around
with the memory partitions on both MacPerl and Alpha and still
can't pass more than about 19.5K of data to Alpha's "Perl
Output" and if my output is greater than 32K (approximately),
Alpha doesn't even kick open the "Perl Output" window.

It's not the end of the world, since I would never pump that
much data to STDOUT anyway (at least, not on purpose), but it
is interesting that BBEdit seems NOT to have this problem.

jay