Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl<=>Oracle

Greg, Nico,

What Nico responded with is not a 'dump', but a 'report' -- the output,
interactive or otherwise, using P/SQL.  The format can be varied tremendously.
For example,  'SQL> SET SPACE 0' would remove the space between fields,
and there are pagination, header, etc. controls.

A more-proper 'dump' would use a CSV (comma separated values) format, in
which each field is separated by a comma, each comma inside a value (and
?NewLine? and backslash) is escaped with a backslash.

I'd be interested in learning the best way to interface PERL to an Oracle
Db too.
-- Larry

--
Regards, Larry F. Allen-Tonar        (larryat@cts.com) +1 760/746-6464 (voice)
         Principal Designer                              +1 760/746-0766 (FAX,