Re: [MacPerl] mozilla

At 10.30 -0500 1998.12.15, Mark Cantrell wrote:
>has anyone here successfully built the mozilla sources?  It looks as if
>there are a series of macperl scripts involved and one of them is a
>codewarrior module, CodeWarrior.pm.  I was hoping I wouldn't need to get
>codewarrior.  Also there is a module called AppleEvents/Simple.pm, among
>others.

Yes, I built the Moz sources regularly (before they upgraded to requiring
the latest CW, which I do not have).  I wrote CodeWarriorLib.pm and
Mac::AppleEvents::Simple and Mac::AppleEvents::Launch, all required in the
build process.

>as far as the codewarrior thing goes, i'm guessing its required for the
>build, are there alternatives, do i have to buy codewarrior?

Or get it for free.  :)

>also I'm pretty much using the plain vanilla macperl, I haven't added
>anything really to the core.  So i'm guessing I will also need to get
>the AppleEvents/Simple.pm thing too?

Yep.  On CPAN or my web site.

>I know I can look it up in the macperl book, but in the spirit of
>laziness, where do i find the macperl specific modules like AppleEvents,
>cpan probably?

    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Mac/
    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/CNANDOR/
    http://pudge.net/macperl/

The first link is for all CPAN modules in the Mac:: namespace.  The latter
two links are for my stuff.  Other people have written stuff in the Mac::
namespace, and other people have written stuff that is not on CPAN or is in
other namespaces, but is still for Macs only.

Regardless, CPAN is usually the best first place to look.  After that, if
you can't find it, this list can usually help.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])