Re: [MacPerl] Unlocking files

On 15.12.1998 at 7:57 Uhr, pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor)
wrote:

> At 01.47 -0500 1998.12.15, Richard Christensen wrote:
> >I have tried holding down the option key and this doesn't
work for these
> >file.  The finder doesn't complain, it just doesn't
delete them.

> I would run Disk First Aid, then rebuild the desktop, etc.
I cannot think
> of any situation when you should be unable to unlock a
file.  To me, that
> sounds like something is broken.  I hope I am wrong.
Unless the fix is

http://pudge.net/
> %PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13
8180B6B6'])

mac-perl-request@iis.ee.ethz.ch

Concerning 'I would run Disk First Aid': I'm not quite sure
what 'locked' is and I don't understand much of the MacOS.
But in MCL (Macintosh Common Lisp) there's a function to
unlock files. I print here the documentation:

"UNLOCK-FILE file [Function] unlocks file. If the file was
previously locked, it will now be unlocked, so that it can
be written to. If the file was already unlocked, no action
is taken."

_When_ there is such a function there must be a trap or
whatever in the MacOS. Can you ask a MacOS guru or take a
look of IM?

Max