Re: [MacPerl] keyUp detection

Somewhere on Shadow Earth, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:

>In the following code I can detect 'keyDown', 'mouseDown', and 'mouseUp'
>but not 'keyUp'.
>What's up with that?

The MacOS global event filter strips out keyUp events. May I ask, what do
you need them for? Or are you just curious as to why you are not getting
them?

There is a way to change the global event filter, to tell it to pass you
all events, including keyUp events, but I don't have that reference
handy. If you need it, I can look it up for you.

Timothy Knox  -- tdk@pitnet.net  -- tdk@machack.com  -- tdk@ameritech.net
          Visit the MacHack web site! -- <http://www.machack.com>
    "War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Windows is an Operating System."
DNRC Holder of Past Knowledge, and Chief Torturer & Lord High Executioner
to People Who Use Words Like Productize