Re: [MacPerl] keyUp detection

>Somewhere on Shadow Earth, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:
>
>>In the following code I can detect 'keyDown', 'mouseDown', and 'mouseUp'
>>but not 'keyUp'.
>>What's up with that?
>
>The MacOS global event filter strips out keyUp events. May I ask, what do
>you need them for? Or are you just curious as to why you are not getting
>them?

I wrote a harmonica simulation program that plays and teaches a few songs
and allows the user to play the on screen harmonica by using the top row
number keys along with the shift key. I use the keyDown event to determine
when to start a note. I would use the keyUp event to determine when to stop
a note.

The first version of "Harmonica Helper" is available for downloading at
http://www.mastercall.com/g-s/h_helper.hqx.

>There is a way to change the global event filter, to tell it to pass you
>all events, including keyUp events, but I don't have that reference
>handy. If you need it, I can look it up for you.

That would be great!

Much thanks!
David Seay
http://www.mastercall.com/g-s