Re: [MacPerl] keyUp detection

Somewhere on Shadow Earth, Alan Fry wrote:

>On the assumption something like this might be happening I tried the
>'everyEvent' mask but still failed to get a 'keyUp' event through. IM says
>you write "WaitnextEvent( --mask-- )" but is that how you do it in MacPerl
>I wonder?

The event mask in used in WNE is ORed with the global event mask. That's
why, even though you may specify 'everyEvent' as your mask, you will NOT
get 'keyUp' events. They are still ORed out by the global mask. So you
need to change the global event mask. I'll look it up later, and let you
know how to do so.

Timothy Knox  -- tdk@pitnet.net  -- tdk@machack.com  -- tdk@ameritech.net
          Visit the MacHack web site! -- <http://www.machack.com>
    "War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Windows is an Operating System."
DNRC Holder of Past Knowledge, and Chief Torturer & Lord High Executioner
to People Who Use Words Like Productize