Re: [MacPerl] keyUp detection

At 05:08 PM 12/16/98 -0500, Thomas R. Kimpton wrote:
>The event mask that you pass to WaitNextEvent() is and'ed with the
>System event mask.  You need to add keyUp events to the system mask.
>
>#include <Events.h>
>pascal void SetEventMask(short theMask);

Yep.  I was browing through comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior just now
and saw Metrowerks' Greg Bolsinga say this in a message from 12/3:

-----
keyUps are filtered out by default on MacOS. To turn them
on:

::SetEventMask(::LMGetSysEvtMask() | keyUpMask);

See NIM:Mac Toolbox
for explanations.
-----

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a PC at the moment, so I have no idea of
whether either of the above calls is implemented in MacPerl....

-Eric