Re: [MacPerl] 'Where is MacPerl?' in runtime

On 12/16/98 at 6:03 PM, g-s@navix.net (Greenblatt & Seay) wrote:

> You could use Script Editor's recording feature to find and format the path
> to your runtime. Turn on recording and then manually execute the runtime by
> double clicking it. Script Editor will record the path for you.

One of the usual suspect sites mentioned this little widget recently:

http://www.selznick.com/products/copypaths.htm

it's a contextual menu module which grabs path info from selected files, with
a few formatting options.  I find it handy.

Mac OS 8.5's new HTML-based help has a good section on the various ways to
refer to finder items in applescript.  AppleScript Help is a little bit
hidden, you have to hit the Home button to unearth it.

  -nat