Re: [MacPerl] macperl minimal install

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:23:06 -0800, adjei wrote:

>Macperl takes about 40 megs on my hard drive. All I want to do is to run
>scripts. I do not do any developments. What items in the lib folder do I need?

Allow me a big <GRIN>. :-) :-) :-)

This question has come on this list at most a few weeks ago. The answer:
"You're not supposed to want to get rid of anything."

My personal feelings are that *you* are the boss. Herecy!

You may get rid of everything in the "lib" folder that isn't used by any
scripts. Note that checking this isn't that easy, because library files
may depend on yet other library files.

So it's best to keep a backup of these files, in case you need one back.
Note that the position of the files in the tree structure is extremely
important.

As for the rest: you hardly need anything at all. Just MacPerl and the
library files that are used, that's all. Really.

	Bart.