Re: [MacPerl] macperl minimal install

>Macperl takes about 40 megs on my hard drive. All I want to do is to run
>scripts. I do not do any developments. What items in the lib folder do I need?
>newbie

What was the name of the MacPerl file you originally downloaded? I'd guess
you probably downloaded and maybe even unstuffed and installed the tool
version, too. It is for use with the MPW (Macintosh Programmer's Workshop)
environment. You don't need that since you do not do any developments.

I'd suggest the "Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.bin" if you have a PPC Mac.

When you unstuff the 3.4 MB "Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.bin" you'll get the 3.4 MB
"Mac_Perl_520r4_appl", the installer. After you've installed the
application files you can delete these files. Actually, I back up any
".bin" files in case I need to do a reinstall someday, but delete the
".bin" and installer files from my hard drive after that.

You may also have an extra  "InternetConfig1.4" folder or even an older
"InternetConfig" folder that this one should replace.

To run pure Perl code that doesn't require any outside modules or libraries
I believe all you need it the 1.5 MB "MacPerl" application. That is
probably not the case for you if you don't know how the MacPerl programs
you want to run were written.

David Seay
http://www.mastercall.com/g-s