Re: [MacPerl] libwww-perl-5.41 now available

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 10:10:02PM -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:
}
} Once we have something like this working, anyway, then maybe Paul's
} aversion to CPAN will be lessened.  :)

I have no aversion to CPAN, of course.  As you know from your email,
one of the first things I do daily when I get to the office, or
shortly after I get get up when I'm running Linux, is "perl -MCPAN -e
shell".  CPAN is marvelous... for Unix users.  It's fine for Windows
users.  It's less than adequate for typical Mac users, although that
is slowly changing, especially now that you can search CPAN on the
Web. But you're right, being able to search/install a module
automatically from MacPerl will go a long way to making CPAN usable
for the average MacPerl user.

}
} --
} Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
} %PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com