Re: [MacPerl] HTML Character Conversion

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998 09:50:38 -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:

>I use ISO fonts for a lot of things, but if you are translating an HTML
>page for use in strictly Mac usage, then Mac translation would be a good
>thing.  I too remember someone posting something of that nature, but I
>don't recall much about it.

Indeed. If your web server is a Mac, and you're using Mac text files
(with accented characters) as a data source, then you NEED a conversion
from Mac text to HTML entities.

Fortunately, constructing such a conversion is simple if done on a Mac,
as the HTML entity names are self-documenting, and you can see the
actual characters.

Actually, if I currently need to build yet another conversion between
platforms, I construct such a entity table for both platforms, and do
the conversion from special characters to entities to special
characters, from one platform to the other.

	Bart.