Re: [MacPerl] the date is not the date

There's nothing wrong. Perl localtime and gmtime are pretty much wrappers
for Unix localtime and gmtime, which return 'struct tm's. About the only
field in that struct which *isn't* 0-based is the day of the month.

The whole idea is that in order to get pretty output that you can take the
return values and use them as array indices into say arrays of strings
(monthnames or days of the week), which are by default 0-based.