Re: [MacPerl] Hex Editor for Mac

>>What if any binary file editor exists that will let
>>me view the contents of this file in hexadecimal

This comes with full source ( in c ) so it should be a good beginning for
porting to perl.

<quote from the documentation for HexEdit 1.0.7>:
HexEdit v 1.0.7
Copyright © 1993 Jim Bumgardner
Internet Address: jbum@netcom.com

HexEdit is a hexdump viewer and editor that works similarly to the hex
editor provided with Apple's ResEdit.  It allows you to edit either the
data fork or the resource fork of a file.
I wrote HexEdit because I needed to be able to insert/delete bytes from the
data fork of files I was testing, and tools like FEdit don't have
insert/deletion.

HexEdit is freeware.  The author retains the copyright, including the right
to alter or sell the program.  You may use and copy HexEdit only on a
non-commercial basis.  You may not sell this program without the author's
permission.

-
The world is one country and mankind, its citizens.

Larry Moore and Shirley Allan
Union Street West
Fergus ON Canada