Re: [MacPerl] Testing for Icon files

At 09.10 -0500 1999.01.28, Ero Brown wrote:
>adding a  -s  test (file size is 0) seems to filter
>out Icon files and probably will snag other problematic
>files as well.
>
>Does anyone see potential problems with this solution?

It depends on what you are trying to do with the files.  If you are trying
to read files, then maybe.  If you are moving files, well, this would be
bad, as it would filter out some files with only resource data.

I don't know what other problematic files you'd run into, unless you were
in the HD "root", where there are files like the Desktop DB, etc., but I
don't know if this would filter all those out anyway.

My philosophy is do exactly what you mean.  Unless I know of other files I
might want to filter, I will just filter the one as exactly as possible.
i.e., avoid the shotgun approach unless it is needed, because you might hit
something you don't want to.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])