Re: [MacPerl] AEs in realbasic

At 05.46 -0400 1999.05.02, Nathaniel Irons wrote:
>On 5/2/99 at 12:02 AM, rosattin@ajc.com wrote:
>
>> Have you looked at FaceSpan from Digital Technology
>> (www.facespan.com)? It's a GUI development tool in which objects are
>> backed up by applescript routines.
>
>Yes.  FaceSpan yields slower final products, isn't threaded, doesn't have a
>debugger, doesn't use an object-oriented language, can't talk to ODBC
>datasources, can't cross-compile with Windows, and doesn't have a cool cool
>cool sprite engine.

Note that some of the above is entirely irrelevant, as you are comparing a
language (RealBasic) to a GUI frontend (FaceSpan).  It makes absolutely no
sense for FaceSpace to talk to ODBC datasource, for instance.

>I'd honestly be willing to overlook pretty much all of the above, except I
>can't stand applescript's syntax, and the idea of writing even a moderately
>complicated application with it makes me break out in a cold sweat.

That's why I need some more people to give me feedback on my Mac::Glue
notes, so I can get the thing out and you can talk to FaceSpan in Perl
syntax.  :)

    http://pudge.net/macperl/gluenotes.pod

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])