Re: [MacPerl] Databases (Oracle specifically)

At 13:29 -0500 5/12/99, Robert Pollard wrote:

> I am evaluating MacPerl as a front end to Oracle.  All indicators are
> pointing me away.  Mainly because there is no Oracle access classes
> available for the Mac.
>
> Oracle has an OCI library set.  I believe it was developed in C.  I
> wonder if I can use this?  Oracle isn't too hip on the Mac.  They don't
> support it at all.

I've never used Oracle. (I'm largely answering to change the subject to
something more appropriate to the question ;-)

However, I do see from the Oracle web site that they offer "Personal
Oracle7 for Macintosh ... a standalone version of the Oracle7 Database".

Does anyone know if the Oracle DBD can be built for MacPerl?
-- --
       |\      _,,,---,,_       Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
 ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   Journeyman Sourceror: Scripts & Philtres
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb  http://www.macperl.org