Re: [MacPerl] File::Spec

Yep your right the File::Spec on CPAN has mac in it.  I regret that I
assumed that since it didn't say mac in name that I didn't download it the
first time.  Seems to work great, Thanks guys.

Anyway, I'm developing a script that is nearly platform independent and will
be distributed eventually with a scientific research report (perhaps first
Perl code to be published in a governmental report).  I now need some help
changing a home directory.  The current directory (original) under Unix (at
work) is of course that of the script, but under MacOS the current directory
is MacPerl's location.  I don't want to have the user typing in a path to
some 14Mb of data files that my script must read.  These files reside in a
folder underneath the script.  File::Spec working under Unix (not tested yet
on NT).

How do I determine the directory of the running script on-the-fly?

I could have them build a file with their path and have the script read it,
but it kind of defeats the purpose of platform independence.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Owe you one.