Re: [MacPerl] Net-Telnet 3.01 module...

>Just out of curiosity, Dick and Larry, what are you running, Open
>Transport or MacTCP?

I'm running FreePPP under MacOS 7.6 - probably two points of difference
from Dick's setup. The module fires up FreePPP which then logs onto the
account; it would seem that the login() portion of  Net::Telnet is
superfluous in my setup. To keep my sysadmin happy, and my account current,
there's only a limited amount of testing I can do of this module.

>Anyway, I had a chance to look at this test late this afternoon.  It
>doesn't actually seem to be testing Net::Telnet at all.  Instead, it
>seems to be testing the ability of Perl to open a socket using
>socket() with a protocol of 0.  On Unix, 0 is AF_UNSPEC.  I'm
>wondering whether GUSI and/or Open Transport/MacTCP knows what to do
>with that.

Looks like I'm using neither - I get a FreePPP window ...
and then a perl # timeout error from the script.

>FAIL is appropriate, but that doesn't mean the module won't work.  As
>I said before, the module does work under MacPerl, so the best thing
>to do would be to try it for the intended application.

When the test file provided doesn't actually test the module, I don't have
a lot of other options but refer it to the module author.

>--
>Paul Schinder
>schinder@pobox.com

-
The world is one country and mankind, its citizens.

Larry Moore and Shirley Allan
Union Street West
Fergus ON Canada