Re: [MacPerl] macweblint 1.020.1

>>Though I can get this method to work for other scripts, I can't get it to
>>work with macweblint. Though it is actually successful in calling the
>>script at times, it always receives an error in reply. I can compile the
>>script embedded in Applescript, but I can't call it without an error.
>>BBEdit (with the MacPerl plug-ins), however, *can* run macweblint through
>>apple events.
>>
>>Are there any issues I should be aware of? Does anyone know what I can't
>>call this script embedded in Applescript? Any assistance would be greatly
>>appreciated.
>
>Hard to tell from your description.  What was the error, for instance?  If
>not too long, what was the text of the AppleScript (try to get a
>five-or-so-line test script)?

Thanks for asking. You're right. I didn't offer enough information. I was
hoping there might be a known issue which wouldn't require further
investigation.

Here's the Applescript:

------
property perlScript : "PowerCenter:Desktop Folder:macweblint.pl"

tell application "MacPerl"
	return Do Script ({perlScript}) mode Batch without extract
end tell
------

When I run this with a very simple one-liner test script, it works every
time. When I try it with macweblint, I get an error: "MacPerl got an error:
An error of type 2 has occurred."

But, if I open the script in BBEdit, using the MacPerl plug-ins, I can
click "run script" and it runs without a problem. Presumably, BBEdit is
using the same AppleEvent method to run the script as I'm using with
Applescript, so I'm puzzled why it works here but not in an Applescript.

I'm going to try to whittle down the macweblint script for testing purposes
and see if there's any particular code which seems to be causing this error.

-heath