Re: [MacPerl] dbm and associative arrays of lists

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 02:32:17PM -0700, jean-Francois Jobidon wrote:
> The problem is $card is set to -1, wich means the list is empty.
> What I'm doing wrong ?
> Do I must join all the lists into a single value before writing the
> database and then split it each time I want to modifie an item ? It
> seems long to me, just to change a single value (like "element11"
> instead of "item11")

If you want to store multi-level hashes in a database, you need to use
something like the MLDBM module.  Otherwise, your outer references are
turned into strings, and the inner levels are lost.

http://www.perl.com/CPAN//local/modules/by-module/MLDBM/

Ronald