Re: [MacPerl] test cgi without connection

Chris Nandor, <pudge@pobox.com> writes

>> Excuse my question but I begin with MacPerl. I try to find a method to test
>> CGIs without connecting to the Internet.
>
> I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or to make an example of or belittle the
> poster, but the proliferation of questions like these are a big part of why
> many of us don't want CGI questions allowed in general Perl or MacPerl
> forums.  This isn't a bad question in itself, but it has nothing directly
> to do with Perl, or MacPerl, and when you allow CGI questions, you get
> stuff like this all the time.  I think the separate macperl-webcgi group is
> a very good place for a question like this (and I respectfully recommend to
> the poster that he join said list, at http://www.macperl.org/, and repost
> the question there).
>
> I won't keep harping on it, I just wanted to further explain my position on
> it for those who didn't understand.

Here, here!  In fact this is such a COMMON beginner question it should go
in the FAQ, so that even the folks on the macperl-webcgi list don't have
to keep dealing with it.  Also, when you see a post like this, clearly in
the wrong place, cross-posting it to the RIGHT place can't be a bad idea.

--B

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
#
# First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
# Then you win.                                     --Mohandas Gandhi