Re: [MacPerl] What am I not seeing?

Brian McNett wrote:

[message and code deleted]

> **Of course** the "missing operator" is the semi-colon after ")" on line
> 14!  That begs the real question: Why does the syntax checker quote all
> four lines after the error in the first case, and only the fourth line
> after the error in the second?  The only change being the removal of a
> single commented line.
>
> All *I* can do is agree that it's weird!  Also not particularly helpful
> in the second case!  Is this JUST MacPerl, or do other Perls do this too?

Wild guess. I haven't looked at the parser or anything, but I
like to make stuff up, so here goes:

The parser works with chunks.  There is a bad chunk between
(qualscores) and GetOptions. With the comment in the chunk, the
chunk has stuff in it, hence 4 lines. Without the comment in the
chunk, it's all whitespace in the middle and it gets squished.

Make sense?

Geoff