Re: [MacPerl] Some Notes on ColorGamma

> First and foremost, this is pretty raw XS. What I mean by that, is that
> more stuff is exposed in the Perl API at the moment, namely datatype guts,
> than needs to be. At the very least most (if not all) of the fields
> currently visible in GammaInfoHdl and GammaTblHdl should be read-only.
> And in hindsight very few need to be exposed at all, although there are a
> few informative ones that could stay as read-onlies. But at first guess
> I don't think there's anything here that needs to be set.

You might consider implementing the simplyfied Perl API as
ColorGamma::Simple, or conversely preserving the current implementation
as ColorGamma::Raw?  I'm all for making things simpler, but as an early
adopter...

> Naming suggestions? The module uses Tollbox but the functions themselves
> aren't Toolbox, so I don't see that it needs to be a Mac:: module, but
> maybe it ought not to be top-level either.

Before even getting it installed, my intial thought *was* that it should
be a Mac:: module. Unless you intend to implement the API in a generic
enough way for it to be useful on other Perls, it still makes *some*
sense to place it in the Mac:: hierarchy.

Mac::ColorGamma

or perhaps

Screen::ColorGamma

or even

Monitor::ColorGamma

Hmm...

--B

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
#
# First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
# Then you win.                                     --Mohandas Gandhi