RE: [MacPerl] Resource file hacking with MacPerl

>The best description I've found of how one might go about playing with
>resources is in chapter 13 of "MacPerl: Power and Ease." The particular link
>I'm looking at is http://www.yggdrasil.com/~rdm/MP/320.Toolbox.html#10,
>which shows you how to create a droplet that will modify the 'time' resource
>of a file dropped onto it. I'm no toolbox guru, but it looks like it opens
>and manipulates the resource of the file in question without worrying about
>a resource chain.

I'm no toolbox guro either, but looking at Mac::Resources, the toolbox call
you refer to, it seems that everything I have ever done with a resource
fork is there.

What is a resource chain, and what functions are missing from Mac::Resources?

Thanks!

-David-

David Steffen, Ph.D.
President, Biomedical Computing, Inc. <http://www.biomedcomp.com/>