Re: [MacPerl] Mac::WASTE

>>Is anyone interested in having a MacPerl interface to the WASTE
>>(Worldscript Aware Styled Text Engine) library?  Would such a beast even
>
>It does sound interesting. Actually this was one of the main problems I
>had when trying to write a mail-reader in perl, a usefull text editor. Ok,
>I dumped that special project (out of several reasons, one the missing
>time). But it still would be interesting to have a better edit window. The
>usual textedit is just too limited.

That make three positive replies so far.  I took a look at the archives,
and the only references to WASTE in a MacPerl context had to do with
building MacPerl AROUND WASTE rather than allowing access *to* WASTE from
within MacPerl.  Both are good ideas, but I'm only going to do the
latter, and let more capable programmers handle the actual *MacPerl*
source.

It's going to take me some time to tool up (clear out some space on my
Hard Disk, D/L the prerequisite source code, load the old libraries from
my Codewarrior 11 disk (I just happened to have this)), etc and so forth.
 There may be a long silence before my first update, but I promise to
keep the list posted on my progress.

--B

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
#
# First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
# Then you win.                                     --Mohandas Gandhi