Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

At 0:45 +0900 1999.10.22, robinmcf@altern.org wrote:
>Chris Nandor wrote:
>>I said _aside from_ the README.  I think we have discussed the README file
>>to death.  Are their any other documents which are part of the standard
>>distribution which are included in MacPerl which you think should be
>>changed?  If all of this fuss is raised over just the README, that seems
>>kinda silly to me, especially when I already said I'd be OK with having it
>>moved to another location.
>
>Yes the MacPerlFAQ

The MacPerl FAQ maintainers need to get it ready, and then I think it can
be included.

>wherever you read about perl (including the docs) you will be given a
>reference to a man page which has an entirely different name in the MacPerl
>help menu, which then requires you to look through the documentation until
>you can find what the corresponding MacPerl doc is. Simple, quick and easy
>this is not (until you do it enough that you've memorised which doc is
>which).

My idea is to put the name of the doc in the menu.  Currently in Shuck the
menu item might be "Data structures".  In my version the menu item says
"Data structures (perldata)".  Would that suit you?

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])