Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 12:45:27AM +0900, robinmcf@altern.org wrote:

> wherever you read about perl (including the docs) you will be given a
> reference to a man page which has an entirely different name in the MacPerl
> help menu, which then requires you to look through the documentation until
> you can find what the corresponding MacPerl doc is. Simple, quick and easy
> this is not (until you do it enough that you've memorised which doc is
> which).

I find that rather confusing too -- I'm used to the filenames, so the menus
in Shuck are difficult to use.  How about rewriting the menus so they look
like this?

perlre (Regular Expressions)
perldata (Data Types)
perlop (Operators and Precedence)

That way, the menus include the original documentation names that people
may be used to, and that all the other documentation refers too, but also
includes a brief description for people who find the names too cryptic.

Ronald