[MacPerl] Re: MacPerl Help menu script (was README)

Hello folks,

I tried to install the help system improvement "fill_macperl_help_rev.plx"
but ran into troubles only.

"fill_macperl_help ..." requires "Mac::AppleEvent:Simple".
So I downloaded from CPAN "Mac-AppleEvents-Simple-0.80.tgz",
uncompressed, created the folder ":site_perl:Mac:AppleEvents:",
copied "Simple.pm" to that folder, edited, saved with Mac line breaks.

Now running "fill_mac_perlhelp_rev.plx" I'll get:
-----
File Simple.pm; Line 342: Undefined subroutine
&Mac::AppleEvents::Simple::typeObjectSpecifier called.
File Simple.pm; Line 352: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File fill_macperl_help.plx; Line 57: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
-----

I checked @INC - everything is fine.
So due to the perlmodinstall help info I executed:
-----
#!perl -w
use AutoSplit;
my $dir = "${MACPERL}site_perl";
autosplit("$dir:Mac:AppleEvents:Simple.pm", "$dir:auto", 0, 1, 1);
-----

It gave:
-----
File 'Fressplatte:Projekte:Perl work:perlmod-install.pl'; Line 3
# Deep recursion on subroutine "File::Path::mkpath".
File 'Fressplatte:Dokumente:Axel:Software Entwicklung:MacPerl
Ÿ:lib:File:Path.pm'; Line 132
Out of memory!
-----

Increasing the memory partition of MacPerl and a second run did work
for the autosplit but testing Simple.pm still gives an undefined
subroutine error.

Hell - this is difficult.
I love MacPerl. I appreciate if not admire Chris' excellent work.
Using AppleEvent empowers MacPerl to a very high degree.
So please let's consider a tutorial on how to install all the
necessary modules for working with AppleEvents.
I would contribute testing and proof reading.

Many regards

Axel