[MacPerl] Re: MacPerl Help menu script (was README)

Chris, All,

After seeing Chris' message today, I decided to try the revised
MacPerl Help menu modification script linked below. I found it worked
great on my PM7200 but failed on my G3 PowerBook. I found the problem
is that the archived message has an elipsis instead of a capital
sigma character (option-W) for the creator code for Shuck. I thought
I should pass it on to help others avoid the same problem.

By the way, I may have mentioned this before... I keep my MacPerl
notes on my Web site. I correspond with a colleague across town who
also uses MacPerl and I occasionally present at a Mac user group. I
have a page on getting help with MacPerl and a page on setting up my
MacPerl environment. Since we've been discussing assistance for new
MacPerl users, these pages could prove helpful also.

http://www.voicenet.com/~corr/macsupt/macperl/help.html
http://www.voicenet.com/~corr/macsupt/macperl/environs.html

Comments welcome, of course.

Paul
----

At 17:12 -0500 1999.10.23, Matthew Langford wrote:
>And I'm excited to see consensus popping up about the Help menu
>items--both the original perl name _and_ the expanded English version
>belong.  That alone is worth the price of a new MacPerl.  ;)

and Chris Nandor responded: