[MacPerl] Re: Off-topic BBEdit pricing (was Comments and questions...)

> Besides, as was mentioned, the cross-grade from BBEdit
> Lite is only $79...

I must admit that I am not quite clear on the concept...
Let me see if I understand this. If I purchase BBEdit
with no cross-grade discount, it cost $119. I can use
BBEdit Lite as a cross-grade product and I can get BBEdit
Lite for free, so my effective net cost of BBEdit using
the cross-grade discount is $79.

Who actually has to pay $119? If someone does actually pay
$119, then doesn't that mean that Bare Bones is ripping
them off? Granted stupid people should have to pay more for
the privilege of being stupid in our society... but still,
it strikes me as being a bit underhanded... unless Bare
Bones let's everyone who tries to buy BBEdit at the regular
price in on their little secret... then it strikes me as
more than a little silly!

jay