Re: [MacPerl] AppleEvents, hard to grasp!

At 23.39 +0100 1999.11.14, Axel Rose wrote:
>I try to write a CGI. I need AppleEvents. I tested Mac::Glue.
>This works but is too slow for my target application.

I still think that you are better off writing your own "server" in Perl on
some alternate port so you don't need to worry about startup times.  Why is
this solution insufficient?

>As a last resort I downloaded the Inside Mac PDFs from Apple.
>I found some hundreds of pages relevant for IAC.
>
>I can only but hope that other users have more luck.

Well, I am still not even sure what the problem is.  The AE sent from
Mac::AppleEvents::Simple and Mac::Glue were identical in every way,
according to what you sent me before.

>IMHO only a dozen or so people are able to work efficently
>with MacPerl/CGI and AppleEvents driven databases.

Well, I don't think anyone is able to work efficiently with MacPerl CGIs,
of any kind.  MacPerl CGIs just aren't very good for anything serious.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])