[MacPerl] Thanks and here's a little socket script

Thanks for the very helpful suggestions. I've included beeping into a
little script that is attached to this message.

The script creates a socket that listens to port #23 (the telnet
port) and when it receives a message from another host on that port
displays a dialog containing the message, when it was received, and
the IP address or host name of the computer from which it was sent.
It acts sort of like a simple pager.

It is also capable of manipulating processes so that it moves to the
background after it is executed, moves to the foreground when a
message is received and finally, after the message dialog is
dismissed, restores the application that was in the foreground when
the message server took over.

I wrote this for my son (who is away at college) as a way of getting
his attention with a short message.

Hope someone finds it interesting.
Joseph

%_message_server.pl